This week was one of those HUGE "wish I was better" weeks. One child was late coming home. Two children late to get somewhere and I had no car. I was getting more and more frantic by the minute. When I finally got a hold of the late child I let her have it and even hung up on her after getting upset. Not cool. Not cool at all. I should have been patient; I should have listened (because I found out that I really hadn't given the instructions I thought I had so it was my fault not hers!); I shouldn't have shouted; I should have been more kind. Calling back and apologizing just didn't seem adequate, even though I did it. I guess all I can do is try and be better. I want to be better so badly! My poor kids stuck with such a mom. Maybe I better work hard at teaching them to be forgiving so that they can forgive all of my weaknesses!
Sunday, January 9, 2011
Wishing I was better....
Sigh....there are so many things I wish I did better! Wishing I was a better mom is right up there at the top of my list! Wish I spent more time with my kids. Wish I was more fun! Wish I could teach them better. Wish I was a better example. Wish I was more patient and slower to get upset. And most of all wish I was better at showing them I love them. And I do love them....more than I will ever, ever, ever be able to say!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





No comments:
Post a Comment